Monday, March 1, 2010

Barney's Silly Sad Happy Mad Video


I know what you are going to say. "Eww, Barney? Isn't he the purple gay pedophile dinosaur?". I was a skeptic myself as to the effects of watching the silly antics of a weird purple mascot and I had doubts before letting my kid watch Barney but hey, if it works, then why not continue letting your children watch the Purple Dino?

I bought this first video of Barney in the hopes of introducing my son to bright colors and happy songs. Caleb has been watching this since he was a two month old baby. Perhaps you are wondering as to why I had to introduce my son to Purple Torture? Well, mothers always have the best interests of their child in mind and since my purpose was merely to have Caleb not be bored at home, this video did the trick.

It's colorful, entertaining, and there is a lot of movement. It helps to have 3 colorful giant looking stuffed toys dancing. The songs are a bit catchy too. Caleb, now an 8 month old baby, recognizes the songs like "Clean Up" and "Colors". He smiles when he hears the songs being sung to him. He never fails to pay attention whenever the video is setup. If you want to distract your little one, then this is a good video for him or her to watch.

Of course I plan to wean my son from the Purple Guy before he learns to love the creature and ask me to buy more videos but for now, I'm still enduring the "I Love You" song. If it Caleb is happy, then so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment