Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love Nursery Rhymes

I love nursery rhymes. I have been listening to them since I was little baby and thanks to my mother's influence I have adapted the habit of playing and singing nursery rhymes to my little one as well. I know most of you, like me remember Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Mary and her little lamb and so many other characters that have never changed throughout the years and if I am not mistaken, most of you, like me still have the lyrics and the verses memorized.


I believe that having your baby listen to nursery rhymes as early as possible has a very good effect. From my own experience, I have repeatedly sung songs like Old McDonald, Mary had a little lamb and other "M" containing nursery rhymes and as early as 4 months old, my son could babble and repeat the "M" sound and after a month he was saying "Ma" a lot. Not only that, he was always smiling whenever he hears me sing those nursery rhymes which I took as a sign of early recognition and familiarity. Whenever he is fussy or irritable, I always make it a habit of cradling my baby and having my old nursery rhymes cassette tape play in the background and soon after having played it, my son would yawn and eventually fall asleep on his own.


Those were just some of the benefits I have observed from my own personal experience. After having interviewed my mom about how she had raised me and my brother, I started to realize how important having these nursery rhymes were for our family. Humility aside, I could say I turned out pretty well from having been exposed to nursery rhymes and reading at an early age. This is because from early childhood up to now, I have adored reading, learning and singing. I plan to impart those habits to my son too. My husband agrees with me as to how important training your kids to learn and love reading since these are the building blocks for a bright and intelligent future.


That is why I want to share with you my love for nursery rhymes. It takes a lot of patience, time and effort to raise your children right but all of the hard work pays off whenever your child reaps the benefits of having been taught by diligent parents who spend time each day reading, singing and playing with them. Make it a habit to keep these nursery rhymes alive in your family, because I am sure, that in the future, your children will look back on these memories and thank you for it.

If you want to listen, read and remember those childhood nursery rhymes, come take a trip down memory lane and check out the Kididdles site.


I found this site containing all the beloved nursery rhymes and songs that were and still are popular for the kids, adults and young at heart.

1 comment:

  1. aw! this is so sweet! I agree but I leave the singing up to daddy, he's the "singer" int he family ;) I think its so cute when they just look up at you while your singing, its like they are paying attention to every word that comes out of your mouth!

    ReplyDelete