Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Day Mojo Died


"In loving memory of our dear Pekingese, MOJO"
June 16, 2007 - December 14, 2009


"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray...
You'll never know Dear, how much I love you...Please don't take my sunshine away..."

Do you believe that all dogs go to heaven? Then perhaps, I would be relieved to know that our little darling, is up there with our Creator, frolicking in the gardens, chasing after other dogs, eating all the pandesal and sweet milk and chicken
to his little heart's content...

"Oh Mojo, why did you have to leave us so early?"

I regret not having brought you for a walk in the park that morning. I regret not paying attention to you that day.

I'm sorry for not showing you how much I love you and for not playing with you when I had the time. "I'm so sorry Mojo-puppy koy."

Our dearest Pekingese dog, Mojo, died last December 14, 2009 at around 4 in the afternoon. He was hit by a jeep carrying vegetables.

Our maid tried to pull him to safety, but our dog desperately tried to cross the street to get back home to our house.

He just had his "libot", his walk, at our other lot across the street and our maid had forgotten to close the gate.

Our Mojo had the habit of running back home whenever he was tired and when he wanted to see us. Our loyal, Mojo. He never wanted anything but our attention. And now, how I wish I could've played with him everyday.

Our dog was 2 years old. He would've had a great Christmas, a long life should've been his since the petshop owner told us, Pekingese breeds live up to 15 years.

He would've had fun playing with my son as they both grew up together. But now, it will never happen. And to think, Caleb is so fond of touching your fur Mojo. How could you leave us so suddenly.

I write this in such grief and sorrow. I may seem silly and foolish for having felt such strong attachment to our smart little dog, but our whole family will miss him. Terribly.

He was a great guard dog, a loyal and affectionate pet. Though he lacked the training to do tricks, he could understand us. He knew how to welcome us home, he knew how to cheer us up.

He knew how to get his leach and his collar when we went for a walk. He was my company when I was left alone at home. He was my closest canine companion. The only dog I grew to love so deeply.

I would like to share his pictures with everyone so that his memory will live on.

I remember the way you looked a few weeks after we bought you from the pet store. You reminded me of cute little "Ewok" from Star Wars.





When we go on car rides together.



That day when we played with Mom and Dad at the beach.



That halloween when we dressed you up in your very own costume.



My precious and loyal dog, Mojo, how regal and cute and kind and loving you were. Always looking at me with those trusting eyes, that I could not help but give you hugs and kisses almost every time.



I can write a whole book of how my dog meant so much to our family but I can't go on without tears clouding my eyes.

Dearest Mojo, I pray that despite our little time together, I pray that God takes care of you in heaven.

We'll see each other again Mojo, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment